For all your rando racing fans, be sure to attend the USSMA Ski Mountaineering Classic at Grand Targhee this Saturday. (Click here for more information.) Though I won’t be racing in this event myself (I know, I know…slacker!) there are a few things about this race that are cool:
- It’s a qualifying event for the United States World Team. This year, the World Ski Mountaineering Championship is being held the first week of March in Andorra, a very small and often unknown country located in the Pyrenees Mountains between Spain and France.
- It’s now a singles event. In the past it was teams race.
- Race start time isn’t until 10:30. WTF? Half the reason I’m out of rando racing now is because of those pre-dawn starts…glad to see things are changing a little.
- There are both race and rec race classes.
- You don’t need to buy a lift ticket to participate in the race.
Click here for more info on all these races.