I’ve been out skiing the past four days…nothing too exciting though. Two shutdowns and two mini-lines out of the String Lake Trailhead. There have been some good freezes at night, but the weather forecasting has been tough. The shutdowns were due to lingering weather in the early morning hours. Both successful trips were solo adventures after getting up in the am and checking the current conditions. I usually check the temp at the airport, the top of JHMR, the satillite, and the wind forecast…before I make my descision to fire up the esspresso machine and head out the door.
Corn o’clock seems to be anywhere from 9am-12pm…and if you can find some smooth stuff, it’s pretty darn good right now. Word is up high it might be a little longer to find the goods, but I did hear that Buck and Static Peak were skiing nicely. I’m very excited for the next few weeks of skiing. My birthday is on June 1st and I’m hoping to get into the Winds for a week as well (weather permitting). What a present that would be!