Whether it is whumps in the snowpack, unpredictable moose, or slick and icy spots, there can be some pretty darn scary moments when you are out on the skin track. How about this one? When what appears to be an untouched track of fresh snow…suddenly explodes into a ball of feathers and flapping wings as a sage-grouse is roused from its slumber under the snow. Those things can sometimes really scare the shit out of you when you are in the zone, breaking trail and plodding along on the skin track. Freaking birds!
25 short 2009 2010 2011 Aaron chance Aconcagua Add new tag andrew mclean Antarctica Antarctic Peninsula Arc'teryx AT AVALANCHE Backcountry backcountry access Backcountry Film Festival backcountry skiing Binding black diamond boots Brandon French buck mountain Centennial Hut Chris Onufer Climbing climbing skins Clipper Adventurer Conditions couloir Crossing Dan Smith disappointment peak Doug Stoup Drake Passage dustin lemke dynafit Eastern Sierra East Ridge Expedition Fairy Meadows fat skis Ford Couloir Forecast Fremont Peak Garnet Canyon Gear List Grand Targhee grand teton grand teton national park greg hill Greg Poulsen heather paul IceAxe.TV jackson hole jackson hole mountain resort jackson lake Jenny Lake Rangers JHMR justice k2 Kelly Okonek killed Kim Havell Kip Garre la sportiva Middle Teton Mount Foraker mount moran movie Name That Couloir new New Zealand Nez Perce North Face Norway ortovox peak 10 Polish Glacier POWDER race Radical rando racing Randosteve Reed Finlay review Rogers pass s1 ski ski descent skiers skiing ski mountaineering Ski Mountianeering skis sled Snow snow king snowmobile Southeast Couloir South Teton southwest couloir static peak Steve Romeo Teewinot Telemark Teton TetonAT tetonat.com Teton Boulder Project Teton Gravity Research teton pass Tetons titcomb basin TLT5 Togwotee Pass Trailer Ushuaia video waterfalls canyon WEATHER Wind River Range Winter winter wildlands alliance wray landon Wyoming
- brian: Onufer’s Tram Car. Fuck yeah. That one...
- Niki: Just heard this non comprehensible news. Steve...
- eric: always a smile and happy to give beta on a...
- Erik Uhlir: Randosteve, Though i never met you when...
- Peter: Wow I am really sad to hear of this tragedy....
- Alex W: Thanks for living it, dedicating a fantastic...
- John Mletschnig: Steve, you were an inspiration to...
- wyatt: Very difficult to grasp and accept that Rando...
- Colin: My thoughts today are with Steve’s...
- DaveS: Chris, was great hangin’ on Denali and...
- Kendall: Although Steve and I only spoke a handful...
- Lee Drake: for not knowing these fellow ski brothers...
- bcf: Thank you for everything Steve.
- yaronaldo: Deeply touching . . . with the passing of...
- Sevenski: RIP Steve and Chris, God bless your...
- LOST AND FOUND
- NAME THAT COULOIR
- TETONAT TV
- TetonAT Videos
- TRIP REPORTS