Live To Ski Weekend Video

I put this video together of the three days of skiing that was my weekend…I think a couple weeks ago now. Nothing too outlandish, and it starts with a couple pics from a nice ski tour to No Woods Basin. The meat of the footage is a mission in the northern end of the park. We got skunked on our primary objective, but scrounged a nice powder filled Northwest Couloir on Eagles Rest and danced off a small 24″ slab to skirt disaster. The last clip is a high speed, top-to-bottom powder run down the Spoon Couloir, which was awesome. Have a great weekend and caio-for-now!

After you press “play”, be sure to up the resolution to
480p by clicking the gear/sprocket symbol in the bottom right.

Comments

8 Responses to “Live To Ski Weekend Video”

1. 1 randosteve Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:17 am

one thing to add…as i got ready to drop into the spoon couloir and clipped into my skis, i realized that my bindings were still set for the dynafit vulcans i had used a day or two earlier and WAY to big for the quadrants i was in now. the rear pins barely made contact with the back of the boot.

i had a tool in my pack to adjust them, but i didn’t want to loose my place in line to drop in first. sooo…i figured if i just stayed a bit in the backseat (tail-gunner) as i skied it, i’d hopefully not eject out of the binding hauling ass down the couloir. at least that is what i hoped…and it seemed to work out okay.

2. 2 mtsplitski Mar 2nd, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Awesome Steve. Made my day to watch this after a week of midterms.

3. 3 jay Mar 2nd, 2012 at 2:45 pm

sick shredit steve. how do you like the carbon megawatt compared to carbon justice? how noticeable is the additional floatation/weight?

4. 4 randosteve Mar 2nd, 2012 at 4:38 pm

jay…i am loving the CMW with all the nice powder we have had lately.

even though there is only a one pound difference (per pair) between the C-justice and C-megawatt, you can definitely notice the weight savings when going with the justices. also, while i feel i can drive a 175 C-justice with my dynafit TLT5s, i’m not sure if they would work with 178 C-megawatts. i have the 188cm C-megawatt now, but i’d like to get the 178′s next year to see if the TLT5s would work with them.

the C-megawatts are a big step up in downhill performance compared to the C-justice. point-em…and go!!!

5. 5 chris Mar 2nd, 2012 at 9:13 pm

1st cooler looked slaabbby. 2nd looked hero! How do you like the upright position on those TLT’s?

6. 6 Colby Mar 3rd, 2012 at 10:59 am

When did you ski the spoon? Sunday the 19th? I was up there with a buddy on Monday the 20th, just after the wind started to pick up. We noticed some old tracks in the couloir and thought that it might have been blower the day before.

7. 7 randosteve Mar 3rd, 2012 at 3:10 pm

colby…i think it was saturday the 18th. it was waist deep when booting up.

8. 8 randosteve Mar 3rd, 2012 at 3:11 pm

chris…i have a little padding on the inner tongue to reduce the forward lean a little. seems to work well for me.

billowing-smoke-plume.jpg