By: randosteve|Posted on: May 1, 2008|Posted in: Gear, Gear Reviews | 3 comments
PROBARS have become a huge part of my diet lately and I’m psyched about the launch of five new flavors that make up their new Sweet and Savory lineup. The bars have a nice combination of sweet and salty taste, and even contain salt from Heber City, UT (near PROBAR’S offices), which is known for it’s mineral content and ability to replace valuable electrolytes.
I’m just getting going on trying these new flavors out…so I don’t have any favorites yet….but I’m guessing Cherry Pretzel and Cocoa Pistachio will be towards the top. What I’m wondering though, is when a little caffeine will make it into the ingredients? I know PROBAR wants to keep the organic, all natural thing going, but hey…organic coffee can’t be too hard to find.
- Sesame Goji-A high-protein bar with calcium-rich organic sesame seeds and organic goji berries. Goji, which is also referred to as Wolfberry, is a highly prized fruit in Chinese medicine and is widely recognized as a “super food.”
- Maple Pecan-Like sitting down to delectable maple syrup pancakes. A superb breakfast bar brimming with pecans.
- Kettle Corn-A deliciously nutty popcorn treat with strong toasted-corn flavor. Bring it to the theater.
- Cherry Pretzel-Pretzels with a twist, featuring whole Bing cherries and exceptionally smooth dark chocolate.
- Cocoa Pistachio-A dream come true with peanuts, roasted pistachios, and unsweetened dark chocolate.
Who has them locally? Might be good in Moab next week!
They are just starting to ship to dealers. Probably come with a store’s next order.
If you want coffee, try the original Pro Bar flavor Koka-Moka. I usually find them at a local Smoothie King.